Complaints Procedure

Please find below details of our Complaints Procedure and how you can take it further in the event you are unhappy with a response.


We want to give you the best possible service. However, if at any point you become unhappy or concerned about the service we provided to you then you should inform us immediately so that we can do our best to resolve the problem for you.

In the first instance it may be helpful to contact the individual who is working on your case to discuss any concerns and we will do our best to resolve any issues at this stage. In the alternative you may feel that the matter is too sensitive, you may contact the head of department in the first instance.

If your concerns relate to a member of staff other than a partner of this firm, you should contact Malcolm Haddow at our office at Tyled House 23a High Street Pembury Tunbridge Wells Kent TN2 4PH.

If your concerns relate to a Partner of this firm, you should contact our Managing Partner, Maria Parker, who is based at our office at Tyled House 23a High Street Pembury Tunbridge Wells Kent TN2 4PH.


What happens if I don’t agree with your views on the complaint?

If we are unable to resolve the complaint with you then you can have the complaint independently looked at by the Legal Ombudsman. The Legal Ombudsman investigates problems about poor service from lawyers.

Before accepting a complaint for investigation the Legal Ombudsman will check that you have tried to resolve your complaint with us first. If you have, then you must take your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman:

  • No more than one year from the date of the act or omission being complained about; or
  • No more than one year from the date when you should have realised that there was cause for complaint;


  • Within six months of receiving a final response to your complaint.


Legal Ombudsman Contact Details

If you would like more information about the Legal Ombudsman please contact them:

Contact details:


Call 0300 555 0333 between 10am to 4pm.

Relay UK: 18001 0300 555 0333


Legal Ombudsman PO BOX 6167, Slough, SL1 0EH


If your complaint is about a bill and you have applied to the court for assessment of the bill, the Legal Ombudsman may not consider your complaint.

You also have the right to make a complaint to the Solicitors Regulatory Authority (SRA) if your complaint relates to either a breach of a Principle of the SRA Standards and Regulations 2019 and/or an allegation of dishonesty or discrimination.

You can contact the SRA at The Cube, 199 Wharfside Street, Birmingham, B1 1RN (telephone 0370 606 2555) or make a report at

In order to deal effectively with your complaint, we will process your data in accordance with our Privacy Notice.


If there is anything you’d like to discuss in more detail regarding our complaints procedure, please use our online contact form here.